2018 Ford Escape Vs. GMC Terrain
The 2018 Ford Escape and the 2018 GMC Terrain are both great vehicles in their own right. However, when you compare the two, one vehicle comes across as inherently superior. In order to determine which of the two vehicles is better, we have compared them on the basis of driving performance, safety, cargo space, seat comfort, tech, and towing.
The 2018 Ford Escape gives a great driving performance thanks to a variety of features. The best of these include:
- 6-speed automatic transmission with select shift
- Ergonomic Steering wheel with available heat feature
- Electric parking brake
- Curve control and torque vectoring control
- 3 engine line up
- Intelligent 4wd system
- Advancetrac with roll stability control
The 2018 GMC Terrain has fewer features:
- Traction select system
- 3 turbocharged engines to choose from
Even in terms of safety features, 2018 Ford Escape has a lot more to offer. The highlights of the safety features are:
- Adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning with brake support
- NHPSA 5 Star crash test rating
- Reverse Sensing System
- Rear view camera
- Lane keeping system
- BLIS with cross-traffic alert
Once again, the 2018 GMC terrain disappoints as it has only a limited number of safety features that simply do not match up to those of the 2018 Ford Escape. These are:
- Pro grade protection
- Forward collision alert
- On Star safety and security
The seat comfort of the 2018 Ford Escape is determined with the help of features such as:
- It can seat up to 5 people
- Power adjustable seats are available
- Heated front seat
- Leather upholstery is also available
On the other hand, the 2018 GMC Terrain features such as:
- Optional heated front seats
- Optional memory driver seat
- Power adjustable seats are not available.
2018 Ford Escape has an impressive amount of cargo space:
- If both rows are up, you will have 34 cubic feet of space for luggage.
- In order to increase cargo space, you can either fold rear seats 60/40 or fold them completely.
- With the entire back row folded, passengers get access to 68 cubic feet of cargo space.
- The cargo space can be accessed through a hands free foot-activated lift gate.
The 2018 GMC terrain also has a decent amount of cargo space:
- It has 60-40 rear folding seats
- The cargo space, with both rows up is around 30 cubic feet.
- The cargo space available when both rows are folded is 63 cubic feet.
Both rivals are neck and neck to each other when it comes to towing. The 2018 Ford Escape can tow up to 3500 lbs at max as can the 2018 GMC terrain do. Here is towing capacity of different trims of 2018 Ford Escape:
- S – can maximum tow up to 1500 lbs
- SE / SEL can maximum tow up to 2000 lbs
- Titanium can maximum tow up to 3500 lbs
Why Bill Kay Ford?
You should consider buying from Bill Kay Ford for the following reasons:
1.Our special offers such as the August special that offers discounts on the 2018 Explorer, Escape and Edge
2.Our service and parts specials that offer various discounts such as the early bird special, the Lube oil, and filter change special, and the military appreciation special.
63 Matching Vehicles Found
Based on model year EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives. Tax, Title and Tags not included in vehicle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser. While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors do occur so please verify information with a customer service rep. This is easily done by calling us at 708-388-3000 or by visiting us at the dealership.
**With approved credit. Terms may vary. Monthly payments are only estimates derived from the vehicle price with a 72 month term, 1.9% interest and 20% down payment.